You can call me Radhika or Rad
- It’s little odd for me to decide what about me should I put in here. All the formal stuff feels like so made up to share, yet I don’t think this should be a very personal space either! It’s a little confusing! Oh by the way, that is one thing to know about me – I am a Libran, though stubborn about things, I often find it tough to pick between 2 choices!
- Ok, I have decided. Few formal things should be shared. I am a Bachelors in Design in Communication Design and a Masters in Business Administration in Marketing (where I became a gold medalist)! Phew! I promise this is the only line filled with so many jargons in here.
- My first job was at Redchillies.VFX – fancy job, big projects, dream come true to work for the actor I was a fan of, fancy people, lots of learnings. All this happened and after 4 years, I quit to start off on my own.
- I love Mumbai and continued to be there to start my freelance journey. After doing lots of experiments and different kind of design things, I finally chose to become a packaging and brand designer, especially a playful one!
- I am from Rajasthan and the culture, hospitality and colors of the place inspire me in my work.
- I simply love being a designer, the thinking bit, logic, creativity and seeing my designs come to life for brands!
- I love food, tea, pizza, flowers, shoes and am scared of all animals!
These are some mantras I follow
Find the emotions
Keep it simple
Pizza is good
Believe in yourself
Live life to the fullest
WordPress Camp, Mumbai
I love speaking engagements and interacting with a live audience. I gave a talk on How to think about Website beyond the Tools and the Value of Purpose at WordPress Camp, Mumbai.
Google for StartUps
I mentored women entrepreneurs to grow their brands at Google for StartupsProgram.
I am a contributor for the International Branding Platform, Brandingmag as a writer where I share my insights about branding in the business world.
Noissue Creative Community
I am a member of the Noissue Creative Community, an international company for sustainable printing.
I started my career 10 years back working with Redchillies.VFX, a prestigious visual effects studio owned by the popular Indian Actor, Shah Rukh Khan.
I have been a member of The Futur group which is a global group of designers. It really helped me enhance my knowledge as per global standards of working in the field of design.
Featured article for their Industry Insight section