Tot and Them
Branding for Non Alcoholic Beer and Community Building
What was needed?
Design a brand for teetotallers. They do not consume alcohol, but love to socialise. It comes in with peer pressure to have alcohol.
The challenge was how can a brand stand for them, be super unique for them and also justify being a beer brand, not a premium or classy wine.
- Study existing brands in the market.
- Development of the brand story - centred around being witty about all nagging faced by teetotallers.
- Think about all instances a teetotaller could face in social settings for his choice of not having alcohol.
- Use witty ways to flip the thoughts and frame copy on how he could answer them back.
- Develop characters to capture the vibe of the communications.
- Animate short clips for story telling.
- Convert the story into the brand's visual identity system.
- Design brand packaging and other merchandise.